Another installment of the local Singapore flavor....that drunken late night steez...

Ending a drunken night with something to eat is more natural then taking a piss in the morning....Getting that bite to eat is the sign of a good night, and not remembering the food is a great night. We are all guilty of late-night snacking, and everyone has their favorite food/place for the late night munchies...

In my Seattle days we had a few regular places....Dick's, The Gyrocery, Beth's, and the old reliable Jack in the Crack...All fail proof. In traveling around I have also come across some amazing food that you would swear was created just for drunken occasions....Germany has the Doner Kebab, Japan has Ramen, and Hong Kong has dim sum...just to name a few....

Here in Singapore, late night food is abundant, but my personal favorite is Roti Prata... Basically prata is a fried dough pancake served with some curry. I guess its pretty similar to naan, but better....hmmmhmmm... What's great about the prata is that you can add fillers to be cooked inside the dough...my personal favorite is the Cheese, Mushroom, and Egg combo. How could that mix not be bomb. Originally an Indian dish, prata has become a signature dish in Singapore, and I couldn't be happier ending the night with some real deal Singapore Prata.

I have a spot close to my house that pretty much is the automatic stop on my way back from the clubs, bars, and pubs....The Roti Prata House..The place is dirty, the service is horrible, and the food is greasy.. plus its open 24hrs. Has all the makings of a great late night spot. Been there countless times, and most I don't remember...but you always know when you've been to the Prata House cause your gear from the night before has that slight smell of curry.


And its confirmed good cause I have been there during the day...sober. Jesus (my homie, not the savior) and Robert can testify to the bombness of prata....If I introduce, I also treat. So if you are ever in Singapore, prata on me!

Saturday, March 6, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "The Waffle House...Singapore Style"

Write a comment