Saturday night the lady and myself decided to go out for some beer and wine...cause I believe thats what Saturdays were created for...so we planned to try this place called Timbre, which is located right on the Singapore river across from the CBD.

Turned out to be a good choice cause the view was awesome, and the breeze from the water fantastic. The area really reminds me of Melbourne and hanging out on the banks of the Yarra...and if you've never done Melbourne, you need to go...now


The bar is pretty dope..they got live music, good food, and again the location is just awesome cause you are surrounded by the old parliament building and colonial architecture from when the Brits were stamping on Singapore. A good thing about Singapore is its warm all year round, so you can always enjoy drinking under the night sky.


I knew it was gonna be a good night when the band came out and started doing acoustic covers of Top 40 hits. Something about acoustic just makes songs feel good. They did a nice little version of Love Story (T-Swift), of course it had nothing on my boy Brandos version...but good enough...


And as I mentioned, the food was bomb.sg! They had over 20 different types of pizzas to choose from...all thin crust, my favorite. We opted for the garlic prawn pizza..hmmm garlic. To try and sum up the taste, It was like they put the prawns from Paseos scrimp sandwi on a 4 cheese pizza from Palomino (both great Seattle spots) Amazing! and a spicy full body Chilean Cab Sauv to wash it all down. Life, its not too shabby.




PS...Sunday night is a huge premiership match up between Liverpool and Chelsea. Now normally I hate Liverpool, but tonight I am rooting for them to take this win at Anfield. Actually I just want them to win cause it will put Chelsea behind Man U for the title....plus Liverpool need to do something right this season.

Sunday, May 2, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Thats all I really know..."

Write a comment