My last post left off with Brando, Matt, and I on our last leg of the trip in Krabi, Thailand. Let me first start off by saying I love Thailand. I havent seen so much of the country, but what I have seen is awesome. Bangkok has the excitement city grind, Phuket has the beaches packed with working girls, and Krabi seems to be that chilaxing spot. Plus they all have great food!


Our time in Krabi was spent in the beach town of Ao-Nang. Brando was able to find a sweet spot to stay called the Sunda Resort, real proper establishment at a great price. I fully recommend it. Tight bungalows in the jungle while still being able to enjoy the comforts of things like A/C and Wi-Fi (definite musts when traveling SE Asia) If you do end up staying there, hit up the lady-boy manning the omelette station during breakfast...bomb ass eggs, but Brandos got dibs on that.

The only bad part was that we couldnt get a bungalow at Sunda for our whole stay in Krabi so we had to stay the last three days over at the shady "resort" across the street. Those last three days we acted like some Psi-U liveouts and were back at Sunda at least once a day to eat a meal and take advantage of that free Wi-Fi. You can just call me Kent Matles....and to top off the Jewness we skipped out on 2/3 the cost of our rooms at the Shady Resort cause the dude forget that we just paid the down payment...totally made up for it.

Anyway Ao-Nang was tight cause it had everything you need and want out of Thailand; bootleg shops, cheap food stalls, nice beaches, and bars. We didnt really do anything in Ao-Nang that was super amazing, but its just one of those places where you feel content doing nothing. Great lazy vacation spot.


Some trip highlights include. 1) Me winning 3 games of Catan in a row 2) Riding on the back of Brandos moped with my arms wrapped around his midsection 3) Watching Japan beat Australia in OT to claim the Asia Cup Championship title (Nippon Cha Cha Cha!) 4) Taking Brando for 5 out 6 fights on some Muay Thai betting

All in all good times were had over the long week with Brando and Kolve. Glad I got to take some time off work and enjoy a little mancation....

I've been sluffing on my blogging but next up is a post on Chinese New Years and my new Diet...coming soon

Until the next installment...peace out!

PS...I never realized before, but my girlfriend brought up that Brando looks hella like this Japanese cartoon character named An-Pan Man...It totally clicked for me. Let me know what you think

Monday, February 7, 2011 Posted in | , , , , , | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Mancation Pt. II"

Write a comment