Tonight I went out with the lady for some fiiine diiining...We decided to go check out Lawry's "The Prime Rib" in the new Mandarin Gallery...I'd heard a lot about Lawry's, but had never been. It was time to cross off my to-do list, and needless to say, "shit was the bomb.sg" (thanks Brando)

Now normally I'm more of a steak guy: filet mignon, porterhouse, t-bone...but the Prime Rib at Lawry's is genuinely good. Its damn juicy and tenderfull (new word), but still has the firmness of a good steak. Plus all the sides were legit. Creamed corn, creamed spinach, mashed potatoes, yorkshire pudding...all bomb

I put the link above to Yorkshire Pudding cause maybe some of you out there, like me, don't know what it is and are like, "whats up with pudding" or maybe everyone does, and I'm just an ignorant bastard...cause when I saw that the prime rib came with some pudding I thought it was a weirdo combo. Of course I had in mind Bill Cosby pudding...oh was I wrong..and happy to be wrong. Basically Yorkshire Pudding is to gravy as Biscuits is to..well, gravy! We learn something new everyday.

Bottom line is that Lawry's gets the "kento delicious" stamp of approval. Check one out if you have a chance.

Thursday, February 4, 2010 Posted in | , , , | 2 Comments »

One Responses to "Got Beef?"

  1. Doing The Needful says:

    That's a big ass piece of meat.

  1. Nuggles says:

    thank you pug....thats how i like my meat...did you know about that yorksheezie?

Write a comment