I have yet to write an entry on my life in SE Asia, and since food is a passion of mine I realized I should be introducing a little bit of the local delight here in Singapore. Please expect from time to time to be hit with entries about the local food..

Good food is truly one of the selling points for living or traveling in Singapore. The one thing you will never lack anywhere in Singapore is a good bite to eat. One dish that I truly love and have become quite the pro on is Hainanese Chicken Rice..

Chicken rice is pretty much the national dish of Singapore, and you can find it everywhere. From outdoor food stalls($2) to fine dining restaurants($30), all levels of the dish are available. I eat this stuff so much that one could even call me a chicken rice sommelier...certified. My goal is to hit up every Chicken Rice establishment in Singapore, and trust me, I will hit my target.

Im not going to go in detail about the dish (please click link above)....But basically the rice is fragrant, the chicken is juicy, and the chili sauce sets it all off. Few dishes I would consider eating every day: Pho, Ramen, Doner, and now Chicken Rice. Its that good.

Shit is real deal bomb. If you dont believe me, come out an try it ;)

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 Posted in | , , | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "That Local Local"

Write a comment