I figure its time for another introduction to the local Singapore cuisine...Last time I wrote about dat Chicken Rice steez, which is real bomb, but its more of an everyday type of meal. Today Im talking bout a dish thats a little bit more grizzly on the wallet, Chili Crab. Its one of those things you go eat for birthdays, hot dates, celebrations, payday, or I guess anytime you want if you're ballin' like me.

A quick guide to Chili crab:
Mud crab is lightly fried or steamed in ginger, then thrown into a wok and stir-friend with Chili sauce, tomato, and eggs...then lightly garnished with coriander....of course there is a little more that goes to it, but thats pretty much the gist of it. Since the crab is covered in sauce it can get a little messy, but well worth it. I crack crabs like a G, unlike some people I've encountered (Jesus Martinez)

A great addition to the chili crab is the fried bread rolls("mantou" in Chinese)....they come standard with the dish so you can sop up the remaining chili sauce...hmmm mmmm...


Every guest that has come to visit loved the Chili Crab. It truly is the nuts of Singapore dishes...Even better for me is that there is a super fire ass spot just a 10min walk away from my house....if you find yourself in Singapore then I promise to take you out for this bomb crab....its on me!

So whatever the occasion may be, Chili Crab is, as my good homie Jonah Golan would say, "off da wind chimes!!!"

Heres a recipe that I found if you are daring enough try cooking at home...

Friday, February 19, 2010 Posted in | , , | 4 Comments »

One Responses to "I got Crabs..."

  1. Schaefer says:

    HELL YES. I love chili crab. Hawaii for NYE 2011 then Singapore and SE Asia afterwards. Let's make this happen.

  1. Schaefer says:

    "I promise to take you out for this bomb crab....its on me!" - I'm gonna hold you to this.

  1. Rob says:

    as good as kent might say this is...i promise that it is better. when people ask what is the best food you've eaten overseas, chili crab immediately comes to mind. so proper, so damn delicious.

    thanks for the hook kent

  1. Tahiroh says:

    I want me some chili crab!

Write a comment